The Centre for Rapid Online Analysis of Reactions (ROAR) provides clients with the hardware, software and expertise needed to support data-rich experimentation in synthetic chemistry. It aims to pave the way for Synthesis 4.0, develop the next generation of (automated) synthesis and analytical technologies – and help the UK take the lead in Molecular Sciences.
The Centre supports fundamental and translational research with the protocols and tools required for rapid execution and analysis of reactions – and provides solutions to optimise reaction efficiency, selectivity, and robustness.
ROAR also works with vendors to develop the next generation of technologies in chemical synthesis, reaction analysis, laboratory automation and optimisation.
Training in chemical synthesis, analytical science, automation/robotics, reaction engineering and mathematical/data analysis can also be provided to future-proof your work-force.
Capabilities of the Centre include…
Robotic reactor platforms for high-throughput parallel experimentation
- Handles plates, vials and bottles up to 125 mL
- Automated dispensing of solids and liquids
- Automated sampling during reactions
- High temperature and pressure capabilities
- Heated filtration for solubility and recrystallisation studies
Data-rich kinetic experimentation platforms for reaction progress and kinetic analysis across scales from 2 mL to 1 L.
- In-situ infra-red spectroscopy
- UV-vis spectroscopy
- Automated sampling
- Collects temperature, pH and other PAT data
Continuous flow reactors for investigative research and scale up.
- Homogeneous and multiphase systems
- High temperature (< 450 °C) and pressure (< 200 bar)
- In-line IR spectroscopy
Analytical instrumentation dedicated for rapid orthogonal analysis of reactions.
- uPLC-MS with rapid sampling capability
- SFC and uPLC hybrid system for rapid chiral analysis
- Further analytical capabilities available within the Department of Chemistry Measurement Suite
Partners also provide additional capabilities and resources.
Our consultants are world-leading experts in their field, committed to on-going research.