Energy and Natural Resources
Imperial’s diverse expertise in energy brings together interdisciplinary research teams to address the most pressing energy-related challenges we face today.
Our consultants are committed to creating a direct, positive impact from their research by applying this to real-world problems and maintaining the most up to date knowledge within their field. They have developed sophisticated and simple solutions for some of the world’s biggest energy companies in the UK and overseas, including Shell and BP.
Future energy systems, market disruption and non-traditional business models
- Strategic insight
- Decision making under uncertainty and futures approaches (including horizon scanning, backcasting and scenarios)
- Energy system and market insight
- Business model stress testing
- Scenario building
- Energy demand insight
- Consumer benefits and impacts insight
- Technology insights
- Energy regulation
- Supply technology
- Novel energy and water technologies
Dr Christoph Mazur - expertise in smart technologies, energy, system innovation and transitions, novel business models, electric mobilty, sustainable urban projects and planning.
Dr Jeff Hardy - expertise in non-traditional business models, future energy systems, climate change adaptation and sustainable development.
Electric and hybrid vehicles
- Mobility technologies
- Electric mobility - including transition and innovation for the automotive industry
Carbon capture and storage (CCS), lifecycle analysis (LCA), Carbon reduction management and bio-storage, sustainability, fuel cell engineering and technology, smart grids and next generation solar panels.
Oil and Gas