Imperial’s interdisciplinary expertise in bioengineering leads the field and spans many disciplines
Whether you need help developing novel biomaterials or determining the motion analysis for a new product, we can find the right people to help you solve a problem flexibly and responsively.
Biomaterials - wound and tissue repair
- Neural interfaces (imaging, interaction between metal/silicon and cells)
- Nanoparticles in cancer therapy
- Epigenetic dysregulation of cell signalling
- MicroRNA therapies
- Tissue engineering
- Dynamically manipulating the behaviour of cells and tissues
More information on the research from the team can be found on the Almquist Lab site.
- Dr Ben Almquist - expertise combines materials science, nanotechnology and biology to develop methods for dynamically manipulating the behaviour of cells and tissues.
Further expertise areas at Imperial include:
Plant sciences, microbial physiology, systems biology and mathematical modelling, catalysis/synthesis, chemical biology, flow chemistry, sustainable manufacturing processes/construction, process design, biomechanics amd mechanobiology, cell and molecular bioengineering, human and biological robotics and neural engineering.